The DAAD started the PROMOS program with funds from the BMBF, for which German universities can apply through the DAAD. This provides TU Dortmund University with funds for student stays abroad but also includes funding for study trips abroad, which can be applied for under the direction of a professor via the International Office.
TU Dortmund University professors can submit an application for funding until 31 October (for the first half of the following year) and until 30. April (for the second half of the year).
- The study trip may not exceed 12 days.
- Degree-seeking students of TU Dortmund University and one accompanying person (e.g. lecturer, research assistant, professor of TU Dortmund University)
Nationality of students
- German nationality or
- Equal to Germans according to § 8 paragraph 1 number 2 ff., paragraph 2, 2a and 3 BAföG or
- Non-Germans who are enrolled in a course of study at TU Dortmund University with the aim of obtaining a degree or doctorate at TU Dortmund University. For non-German citizens, stays in their home country are excluded. The home country is considered to be the country in which the student has been predominantly residing for at least five years.
Content of the study trip
In addition to imparting subject-related knowledge and insights into the host country, the focus must be on meeting foreign students and scientists on site. Travel with a predominantly touristic program cannot be funded.
Funding for compulsory excursions and measures already carried out as well as lecture or congress trips and conference trips is excluded.
Furthermore, funding is not possible if the same funding purpose is covered by another public sponsor. If the trip is financed by different donors, a detailed statement of costs is required.
All trips in the current year must be completed by December 15.
The lump sum is 45 EUR per person and day for trips to all countries. According to the DAAD guidelines, the grant is only to be used for accommodation costs (hotel, guided tours, food).
The selection committee may also decide to only partially fund a PROMOS study trip.
- Application for funding for a study trip abroad for TU Dortmund University students (in German) (includes the financial plan and the list of participants (if necessary with N.N.)
- Detailed program description (explanation of the planned study trip, presentation of the preparation or follow-up of the trip, e.g. by special courses)
- Proof of agreement with a partner university on the visit of the group (cooperation agreement, correspondence, letter of invitation)
- Preliminary schedule (program)
- Contact details for the transfer of the grant
The selection is made by a committee representing a cross-section of the departments of TU Dortmund University. These are selected members of the focus departments and the TU Dortmund project team. If more than two applications are submitted from one department, the International Office will send them to the Dean's Office of the respective department with the request for a ranking.
Selection criteria for the internal university selection are
- Transfer of specialist knowledge
- Regional historical insights
- Meeting foreign students and scientists on site
Please apply for funding early enough to facilitate your planning. Please note that the decision of the selection committee can take up to two months, so that you can expect a reply by Mid-June/end of December.
A1 Certificate | Certificate of Secondment
Should the application be approved, TU Dortmund University must apply for an A1 certificate (within the EU) / Certificate of Secondment (outside the EU), which you must carry with you during your study trip. You must actively apply for this certificate and contact the appropriate contact person in Department 3.2.
The decision to travel to risk areas lies with you and TU Dortmund University, taking into account the regulations of the PROMOS program, the institution's internal strategies and the respective crisis management. This also means that you must inform yourself about the current situation in the host country on the website of the Federal Foreign Office and consult with the International Office before you begin your stay abroad.
Applications for the following projects may be sent directly to the DAAD: