The International Career Fair took place on Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at the IBZ - as soon as the date for 2024 has been set, you will be informed here.
Is your company internationally active or are you currently developing new markets? Are you looking for qualified young academics who are well-trained in their field and have intercultural and foreign language skills? Take the opportunity to talk to potential new employees at the next International Career Fair!
In previous years, we have already achieved very pleasing results with the International Career Fair, both for the participating companies from the district of the Dortmund Chamber of Industry and Commerce and for the international talents. The 11th International Career Fair further strengthened these positive effects and at the same time made even better use of the region's great potential. The fair is organized by the International Office of TU Dortmund University and the Dortmund Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
What is so special about this fair?
- The international orientation: The International Career Fair is aimed primarily at foreign graduates and students. The young personalities come to our university from all continents and are given the opportunity to study, do research or complete internships in regional companies with an international context. Almost 4,000 students from abroad are enrolled at TU Dortmund University, most of them in the so-called MINT subjects (mathematics, computer science, natural sciences and technical subjects). This mutual exchange strengthens and expands the global network of Dortmund as a location. Foreign language skills, international study experience and intercultural experience of this group of students make our graduates particularly interesting for your international business.
- The perfectly arranged and fitting appointments with your desired candidates: With the help of "Talentefinder", the company representatives and the students get to know each other before the fair. If it suits both sides, the match leads to an appointment on the day of the fair. So in the morning, very targeted and prepared talks take place. In the afternoon, the format is open and students from all disciplines can visit the fair without pre-registration.
09:00 a.m - 09:15 a.m
09:15 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|Appointments with students at your booth: In the morning you have the opportunity to talk to students during the pre-arranged meetings.
1:00 - 1:30 p.m.
1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
|Continuation: Students of all disciplines visit the fair without pre-registration.
End of the career fair
The fair was held in 2022 as a face-to-face event with a hygiene concept in the International Meeting Centre.
What do students expect from the career fair?
International students can filter the Talentefinder app according to whether they are looking for an internship, want to write their thesis at a company or want to start their first job. Therefore, your offers should ideally also be as specific as possible.
Which companies will take part
The focus of the participating companies is on those from Dortmund and the region, or more precisely from the district of the Dortmund Chamber of Industry and Commerce. However, supra-regional employers are also taking part, including corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups.
In 2023, we are looking forward to the following 28 companies:
- ABP Induction Systems GmbH
- Albonair GmbH
- Aluminiumwerk Unna AG
- Audaxes GmbH
- Bayer AG Product Supply, Pharmaceuticals
- Daikin Chemical Europe GmbH
- Dortmunder Energie- und Wasserversorgung DEW21
- EDAG Group
- Evonik Industries AG
- FIEGE Logistik Stiftung & Co. KG
- Gesellschaft für Gerätebau mbH
- HAVI Logistics GmbH
- innolectric AG
- KHS GmbH
- Körber Supply Chain Software GmbH
- KPS AG
- Materna Information & Communications SE
- MedVision AG
- Pieper GmbH
- RSA cutting technologies GmbH
- Shell Deutschland GmbH
- Sogeti Deutschland GmbH - Part of Capgemini
- thyssenkrupp Uhde GmbH
- thyssenkrupp Polysius GmbH
- thyssenkrupp nucera AG & Co. KGaA
- Tintometer GmbH
- WILO SE
- Zapp Systems GmbH
Are you interested in participating in one of the upcoming International Career Fairs? Feel free to contact Ms Pehle and Ms Willberg for more information (contact details below).
Who organizes this event?
The International Career Fair is organized by the International Office of TU Dortmund University and the Dortmund Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
What does the participation in the event cost?
Participation in the career fair is free both for companies and students.
Where does the career fair take place?
The fair takes place in the International Meeting Centre (IBZ), Emil-Figge-Str. 59, on the North Campus of TU Dortmund University. Sufficient parking spaces are available in the immediate vicinity of the IBZ. The International Meeting Center offers an excellent venue for networking between the university and the regional economy. The construction of the International Meeting Center (IBZ) has already shown that science and business in Dortmund are moving closer together: the building was financed mainly by donations from companies in Dortmund and the region. The students of TU Dortmund University have also made a major contribution to the center with their tuition fees.
What happens after the fair?
The newly established contacts should be followed up to utilize the positive effects of the career fair in the medium term. We would also like to reflect and consider your experience and evaluations in order to further develop cooperation between the regional economy and the international student body.
Your contact at TU Dortmund University, International Office:
Tel.: 0231 755 6370
Your contact at the Dortmund Chamber of Industry and Commerce:
Tel.: 0231 5417 275