Rudolf Chaudoire was an entrepreneur and industrialist from the Ruhr area who was especially committed to supporting young people’s vocational education. Named after him, the Rudolf Chaudoire Foundation was established by testamentary decree to support young academics and their research. Since 1995, the Rudolf Chaudoire Prize is awarded to exceptional academics at TU Dortmund University.
In 2020, the Rudolf ChaudoirePrize of €5.000 will be granted again. The prize is intended to support research stays for highly qualified young academics of TU Dortmund University, typically with a doctoral degree, at a university or research facility abroad. The total costs of the research stay should exceed €5,000 andthe doctoral degree should have been awarded to the according researcher less than five years ago.
Proposals could be submitted by the Deans of the faculties and the directors of the central scientific institutions until 30 April 2020.
The following documents have to be submitted:
- a nomination letter by the faculty or central scientific institution,
- a brief description of the academic project, information concerning the destination, date and duration of the research stay ,
- a budget plan for the research stay,
- information on the academic career and profile of the nominated researcher,
- her or his publication list,
- a copy of the candidate’s dissertation as well as copies of her or his relevant diplomas/certificates.
A committee consisting of the Vice-Rector Research, Prof. McElvany and Dr. Gert Fischer, Executive Board Member of the Rudolf Chaudoire Foundation, decides on the award of the prize.
Rudolf Chaudoire Prize 2019
In 2019, Dr. Isa Steinmann from the Faculty Education, Psychology and Sociology and Dr. Carina Zindel from the Faculty of Mathematics have been awarded with the Rudolf Chaudoire Prize.