TU Dortmund University maintains a diversity of partnerships with universities in the U.S.
In addition to the exchange of students and department members there is also the possibility to participate in one of the wide range of research agreements. Beyond this, the exchange of teaching assistants in cooperation with the University of Iowa, the University of Virginia and Oglethorpe University extends the regular student exchange.
The different exchange programs are organized by the International Office in cooperation with the Department of Cultural Studies.
Due to the excellent relations with universities in the United States of America and the large number of students participating in the exchange to and from the U.S., TU Dortmund University has attained a unique position in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW).
Every year approx. 40 American students come to Germany in order to participate in an exchange at TU Dortmund University, enabling the same amount of students from Dortmund to study tuition-free in the U.S.
- Ball State, Muncie
- California State University, Monterey Bay, Seaside/CA
- Canisius College, Buffalo/NY
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh/PA
- Columbia College, Columbia/SC
- Emory & Henry College, Emory/VA
- John Caroll University, Cleveland/OH
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem/PA
- Lenoir-Rhyne University, Hickory/NC
- Loyola University, New Orleans/LA
- Michigan State University, East Lansing/MI
- Michigan Technological University, Houghton/MI
- New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark/NJ
- Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff/AZ
- Oglethorpe University, Atlanta/GA
- Robert Morris University, Moon Township/PA
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick/NJ
- Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau/MO
- Texas A&M University, College Station/TX
- The University of Tulsa, Tulsa/OK
- University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo/NY
- University of Iowa, Iowa City/IO
- University of Montevallo, Montevallo/AL
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia/PA
- University of Virginia's College at Wise, Wise/VA
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville/VA
- Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green/KY
- Universidad del Sagrado Corazon, San Juan/Puerto Rico
The membership of TU Dortmund University in the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP, Washington D.C.) and bilateral agreements between TU Dortmund University and US American universities make it possible for students from Dortmund to study for one or two semesters in the United States at relatively moderate costs. ISEP opens up study opportunities across the world for students outside of the regular ISEP-Exchange program.
Dortmund students get the opportunity to study inexpensively for one or two semesters in the United States. In this process, an equivalent number of students are exchanged. As the American students pay their tuition at their home university, tuition is waved for the students from Dortmund at the ISEP-partner institution.
Furthermore, the three universities in the Ruhr Area founded a joint UA Ruhr liaison office in New York City in 2004, overseen by TU Dortmund University.
Would you like to apply for one or two semesters abroad at one of Dortmund’s partner universities in the United States? You can find all the information on studying in North America on our website for our outgoing students.
You are a student from a U.S. partner university / ISEP-institution and interested in learning more about studying at TU Dortmund University? Please visit our website for exchange students.