DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarships
TU Dortmund University offers graduation scholarships to enrolled international students and international doctoral candidates throughout the year. The graduation scholarship is meant to support international students who are in financial hardships by no fault of their own so that they can finish their studies.
Graduation scholarships can only be provided to students and doctoral candidates who have registered their thesis and who are in financial need, i.e., having less than 1,000 EUR in a bank account.
General Information on the Scholarship
- you must be enrolled at TU Dortmund University,
- you must live in or near Dortmund,
- you must prove good academic performances (such as publications, prizes, length of study),
- you must be in need of financial aids or prove a special social situation.
- completed application form,
- confirmation of registration for your final thesis (page 9 of the application; to be filled out by the Examinations Office, i.e. Prüfungsamt),
- copy of your residency permit,
- current enrollment certificate,
- tabular résumé/curriculum vitae,
- transcript of records with the average grade (please get your average grade from the Central Examinations Office),
- proof of a blocked account, legal obligation to pay, scholarship or earnings,
- proof of your need of financial aids (such as bank statements of the last three months),
- if applicable, bank statements of your spouse,
- if applicable, a copy of your current employment contract.
The DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarship is awarded according to the available budget. If the number of applicants exceeds the number of scholarships to be awarded, a selection will be made.
After receiving the total sum of the scholarship, you must send a report to social.counselingtu-dortmundde.
The amount of funding is between 250.00 and 861.00 EUR for international undergraduate and graduate students. For international doctoral students, the amount of funding is between 250.00 and 1200.00 EUR.
The funding period is between 1 and 3 months for undergraduate students and between 1 and 6 months for graduate students.
Submitting Your Application
Please email the complete application documents as one PDF file to social.counselingtu-dortmundde.
International students and doctoral candidates who have obtained their university entrance qualification abroad and are enrolled at TU Dortmund University can apply.
Probably after registering for the bachelor’s/master’s thesis and during the final phase of your studies.
If you meet all requirements for receiving the scholarship, you will be invited to an online interview by email.
After checking your documents and after the digital interview, it can take up to a week until you receive an acceptance or rejection by email. If you are accepted, you must sign a letter of acceptance and a scholarship agreement in order to receive the payment of the scholarship.
You can apply up to three times for the DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarship.
You can find a template for the scholarship report here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Social Counseling Service for international students: social.counselingtu-dortmundde
We are looking forward to assisting you!