Universities and non-university research institutions have reacted clearly and unitedly to the attack on Ukraine, emphasizing that they stand in full solidarity with Ukraine and that Putin's war cannot be justified by anything.
TU Dortmund University would like to support Ukrainian students who have fled their country to continue their studies in Dortmund. Please contact the staff of the Social Counseling and the Refugee Counseling and Integration Office.
On this page you will find various support services and relevant contact points.
Current press releases and statements of TU Dortmund University
- Solidarity with victims and those affected by the attack on Ukraine (Rectorate press release, 17 March 2022)
- "Science stands for peaceful coexistence" (Interview with Prof. Dr. Flatten, Vice President International Affairs, 11 March 2022)
- "A European public sphere is emerging that has long been missed" (Interview with Prof. Dr. Fengler, 7 March 2022).
- International students can contact the Open Office Hours of the International Office on a daily basis.
- For people with a refugee background, the Refugee Counseling and Integration Office of the International Office is the first point of contact for your questions regarding studying at TU Dortmund University.
- The Welcome Services of the International Office provide information for Ukrainian researchers.
Unfortunately, office hours of the International Office cannot be held in person at the moment, but you can reach us by phone, e-mail, and via Zoom.
- Thanks to the support of the Association of Friends of TU Dortmund University (GdF e.V.), bachelor's, master's and doctoral students of TU Dortmund University who are in need due to the current crisis in Ukraine can be supported with up to 500,00 EUR each within the framework of an emergency aid. Detailed information can be found further below on the page.
- In case of financial emergencies, the aid fund of the AStA may be of help. Students of TU Dortmund University can get an interest-free loan up to a maximum of 1,500 euros to cover an emergency situation.
- The Psychological Student Counseling offers support to students, employees and researchers in difficult life situations.
- The University Library Dortmund offers a free library card to Ukrainian students.
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".Zum Lageplan