The Welcome Service team advises and supports international scientists and researchers who come to the TU Dortmund University for research stays and acts as a link between researchers, the administration, various external offices and the host chairs and institutes.
Our advice and support covers the following topics:
- Invitation modalities (e.g. admission agreements)
- Visa matters
- Search for accommodation
- Stay with family (family reunification and support services)
- Questions about health insurance, bank account, broadcasting fees etc.
- Registration and deregistration of residence and application/extension of residence permits with the City of Dortmund (incl. escort service)
- Integration offers in the form of events and excursions
- Participation in language courses
- Contacts and advisory services for international researchers (e.g. Ambassador Program)
- Further training opportunities for international researchers
- Departure formalities
We kindly ask you to register your guests, so that we can provide comprehensive advice.
The manual is up to date as of September 2017, so that some of the information and issues addressed in the chapter on entry and residence are no longer current. You will find up-to-date information on the topic on our website regarding visa and residence.
We are also happy to put you in touch with other services of TU Dortmund University (e.g. family service).
We are looking forward to your request. You can find our contact on our website.
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".Zum Lageplan