The Welcome Service team advises and supports international scientists and researchers who come to the TU Dortmund University for research stays and acts as a link between researchers, the administration, various external offices and the host chairs and institutes.
Our advice and support covers the following topics:
- Invitation modalities (e.g. admission agreements)
- Visa matters
- Search for accommodation
- Stay with family (family reunification and support services)
- Questions about health insurance, bank account, broadcasting fees etc.
- Registration and deregistration of residence and application/extension of residence permits with the City of Dortmund (incl. escort service)
- Integration offers in the form of events and excursions
- Participation in language courses
- Contacts and advisory services for international researchers (e.g. Ambassador Program)
- Further training opportunities for international researchers
- Departure formalities
Please note: We kindly ask you to register your guests, so that we can provide comprehensive advice.
We are also happy to put you in touch with other services of TU Dortmund University (e.g. family service).
We are looking forward to your request. You can find our contact on our website.