Welcome Services for Host Chairs and Institutes
The Welcome Services team supports international researchers and scholars of TU Dortmund University and acts as a hub between researchers and scholars, other administration units, various external offices and the host chairs and institutes.
Our services cover the following topics:
- Accommodation: Support in finding private accommodation, if applicable accommodation in the guesthouse
- Administration: Registration of residence with the City of Dortmund, application/renewal of residence permits with the local Immigration Office
- Family: Support in finding school places / in the search for daycare places through the Family Service
- Other formalities: Support with invitation modalities (e.g., hosting agreements), assistance with applications for health insurance, bank accounts, broadcasting fees, etc.
- Language courses: Participation in German courses, during the semester
Visiting Professor & Visiting Scholar Program
The aim of the program is to recruit visiting professors and visiting scholars from abroad for a maximum of one semester in order to promote the internationality of teaching. The selection process and the financing are carried out by the departments of TU Dortmund University. Through the nomination for the program, the participants receive an invitation from the rectorate as well as a certificate about their guest stay. The International Office offers comprehensive support services to organize the stay.
Members of TU Dortmund University can find further information on hosting guest researchers in the Service Portal.
Furthermore, we are happy to advise and support you in the context of the following programs:
- Philipp Schwartz Initiative: By providing funding, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation facilitates the hosting of threatened scientists and refugee researchers at universities and research institutions.
- Gambrinus Fellowship: Funds specifically for TU Dortmund University can be used to support short-term stays by international researchers from various disciplines.
Please kindly ask your guests to register in advance, so that we can provide comprehensive advice.
We are looking forward to your inquiry. You can find our contact data on our website.