In the following you will find an overview of various projects, institutions and cooperation activities.
- University Alliance Ruhr: Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University and the University of Duisburg-Essen pool their competences and resources in the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr)
- Research Academy Ruhr: The Research Academy Ruhr (RAR) offers young scientists (advanced Master's students up to Junior Faculty) of the UA Ruhr the opportunity to establish and expand cross-university networks, strengthen competencies and to specifically design their own career path in research, economy and society.
- mentoring³ - targeted support for women in science: mentoring³ is a mentoring program for the development of academic careers for female doctoral, post-doctoral and post-doctoral students in all subjects of the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr).
- Science in Dortmund (DE): windo e. V. is the network of university and non-university science and research institutions in Dortmund.
- Metropole Ruhr: Information on the numerous career opportunities open to international skilled workers in the Ruhr region.
- Dual Career Network Ruhr: The Dual Career Network Ruhr (DCN Ruhr) supports partners of newly appointed or highly qualified specialists or executives in their professional orientation in the Ruhr area in order to increase the chances of a successful job search in the region.
- Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology
- InterNations – Your Expat Community in Dortmund
- Research in Germany
- Euraxess – Researchers In Motion
- DAAD - German Academic Exchange Service
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Alexander von Humboldt Professorship
- The Philipp Schwartz Initiative of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation with the support of the Federal Foreign Office
- DFG guidelines for ensuring good scientific practice (DE)
Search and find
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
The campus of TU Dortmund University is located close to interstate junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerlandlinie A 45 (Frankfurt-Dortmund) crosses the Ruhrschnellweg B 1 / A 40. The best interstate exit to take from A 45 is "Dortmund-Eichlinghofen" (closer to Campus Süd), and from B 1 / A 40 "Dortmund-Dorstfeld" (closer to Campus Nord). Signs for the university are located at both exits. Also, there is a new exit before you pass over the B 1-bridge leading into Dortmund.
To get from Campus Nord to Campus Süd by car, there is the connection via Vogelpothsweg/Baroper Straße. We recommend you leave your car on one of the parking lots at Campus Nord and use the H-Bahn (suspended monorail system), which conveniently connects the two campuses.
TU Dortmund University has its own train station ("Dortmund Universität"). From there, suburban trains (S-Bahn) leave for Dortmund main station ("Dortmund Hauptbahnhof") and Düsseldorf main station via the "Düsseldorf Airport Train Station" (take S-Bahn number 1, which leaves every 20 or 30 minutes). The university is easily reached from Bochum, Essen, Mülheim an der Ruhr and Duisburg.
You can also take the bus or subway train from Dortmund city to the university: From Dortmund main station, you can take any train bound for the Station "Stadtgarten", usually lines U41, U45, U 47 and U49. At "Stadtgarten" you switch trains and get on line U42 towards "Hombruch". Look out for the Station "An der Palmweide". From the bus stop just across the road, busses bound for TU Dortmund University leave every ten minutes (445, 447 and 462). Another option is to take the subway routes U41, U45, U47 and U49 from Dortmund main station to the stop "Dortmund Kampstraße". From there, take U43 or U44 to the stop "Dortmund Wittener Straße". Switch to bus line 447 and get off at "Dortmund Universität S".
The H-Bahn is one of the hallmarks of TU Dortmund University. There are two stations on Campus Nord. One ("Dortmund Universität S") is directly located at the suburban train stop, which connects the university directly with the city of Dortmund and the rest of the Ruhr Area. Also from this station, there are connections to the "Technologiepark" and (via Campus Süd) Eichlinghofen. The other station is located at the dining hall at Campus Nord and offers a direct connection to Campus Süd every five minutes.
The AirportExpress is a fast and convenient means of transport from Dortmund Airport (DTM) to Dortmund Central Station, taking you there in little more than 20 minutes. From Dortmund Central Station, you can continue to the university campus by interurban railway (S-Bahn). A larger range of international flight connections is offered at Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), which is about 60 kilometres away and can be directly reached by S-Bahn from the university station.