To content
From Studying to Starting your Professional Life

Visa and Residence Rights

As soon as you finish your studies, you should consult with your contact persons at the local office of immigration (in Dortmund: "Dienstleistungszentrum für Visa-Angelegenheiten, ausländische Stu­die­ren­de und Fachkräfte"), as your residence permit must change accordingly.

In this flyer of the city of Dortmund you will find various information, for example, on how to find a job, how to extend your residence permit in order to pursue employment, and the responsible contact persons.

For foreign professionals there is also the possibility to get the residence title "Blue Card". You can find all information about this on the pages of the German Federal Foreign Office and the BAMF.

Information Events

(Online) information events are regularly organised together with the local office of immigration (in English and German).

Here you will receive an update on the current laws and the latest changes in the law on foreigners, which you can use to plan your studies and career entry. The experts from Bürgerdienste International (Local office of immigration Dortmund) and TU Dortmund University will then be available to answer your questions.

As soon as the event is offered again, you will find all the information here!

More Information about Visa Matters

Current information and contact persons can be found on our visa pages under "After receiving the Degree".